Sunday, October 12, 2008

#10-Play Around with Image Generators

Well I checked out all the suggested image generators and I must say-how cool! I had no idea such fun things even existed. Now if I only had more time! I can see myself returning to the Letter James site and using the personalized free e-cards and images to jazz up my blog. As you can see from the picture, I spent most of my time on Wordle. These are some memories that my boys came up with of our dog (see post #5). This is what I learned. Wordle does not separate words by putting commas in between, it separates words by spaces. I had many phrases, like Paper Dog, that didn't make any sense once the Wordle picture was created because Paper would wind up at the top and Dog at the bottom. I found that by taking the spaces out, PaperDog, it would keep them together in the final picture. I also had trouble getting it into my blog the first time. I still don't know how I did it and after it finally showed up, my text was different and my margins were messed up. This is my second attempt, so hopefully it will go better this time. Still it was easy to use and I will probably make more Wordles in the future. I can't wait to put this one in the shadowbox I am making for my husband for Christmas-shhh...it's a surprise! My teenager and I had a lot of fun playing with Yearbook Yourself too.

P.S. The second time I tried, I did the blog entry first and then added the Wordle and it worked much better.

No comments: