Saturday, November 8, 2008

#17-Playing Around with PBWiki

I found this difficult. Again with more time, I probably could figure it out, but I struggled trying to do what was laid out in the exercise. It took a bit for me to be able to sign on-that should be simple! I had a hard time figuring out from the resources where to go to create an account. Then there was the invite password-which I did read others comments and was expecting that, but struggled getting to the place where it would work. Once there, I found the list of favorite blogs and used the edit button to add mine, but I had problems there too. I tried to add the brackets like the instructions said, and that didn't work. Then I tried to add a link, and that didn't work. I finally just typed in my blog address and saved and that worked. I don't know if I was in the wrong place to do the bracket thing or what???? I did also go to another page and add a favorite place, and did the same thing with no problems. Getting used to the Wiki would take some more time, and I still think it has a lot of useful and practical applications. I just had a bad first time experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

pbWiki was being annoying period. They introduced their 2.0 version so anything in the original format seems to be a bit tempermental. It took me about 10 tries just to get the OPL logo in it.